Thursday 1 December 2011

Misleading Information

Has No Reason To Assist You, Or Can Give You
Wrong/Misleading Information

What does the social engineered person care whether you are helped or not? I know if I were a busy back-stabbing office worker or receptionist in the midst of a hectic day, I would be furious if some idiot on the phone asked me to give up a few moments of my time to tell him things he probably shouldn't know in the first place.

I would probably just tell the caller anything to get rid of him. On the other hand, reverse social engineers know that the people they are speaking with require their assistance. Even the grandest guru of power users will call you if he thinks you will be able to quickly and simply pinpoint the problem and fix it, rather than wasting his time trying to do so. That power user knows he will get the solution when you reveal it to him so he can solve it himself the next time it occurs.